This is a list of islands of England, as well as a table of the largest English islands by area and by population.
List of islands
Offshore and inshore islands
To group islands by geographical region, sort the table by "Island Group/Location" (click the icon by the column heading).
There are numerous islands within freshwater lakes and rivers in England. They are most numerous in the Lake District but other concentrations occur within the Norfolk Broads, some major reservoirs and principal rivers.
In the Lake District
To group islands by lake, sort the table by "Lake" (click the icon by the column heading).
In the River Thames
- See: Islands in the River Thames
Inland islands elsewhere in England
To group islands by location, sort the table by "Location" (click the icon by the column heading).
Largest islands in England
List of English islands by population
Places called "island" or "isle" which are not islands
Some places in the British Isles are called islands or isles, but are not. Some of these were formerly islands surrounded by marshland. Others are peninsulas or just coastal settlements. They include:
- Isle of Athelney
- Isle of Axholme
- Brown's Island, Rutland Water
- Cobholm Island, part of Great Yarmouth
- Isle of Dogs
- Isle of Elmley part of Sheppey
- Isle of Ely
- Isle of Grain
- Isle of Harty part of Sheppey
- Isle of Oxney
- Isle of Portland
- Isle of Purbeck
- Kelham Island
- Ramsey Island
- Spike Island
- Stones Island, Carsington Water, Derbyshire
- Sunk Island
- Isle of Thanet separated by the Wantsum Channel
- The Isle, within tight loop of the River Severn, Shropshire
- Thorney Island, Cambridgeshire
- Isle of Wedmore
- List of islands of Scotland
- List of islands of Wales
- List of islands of Ireland
- List of islands of the British Isles
- List of islands of the United Kingdom