Rabbit breeds are different varieties of the domestic rabbit created through selective breeding or natural selection. Breeds recognized by organizations such as the American Rabbit Breeders' Association (ARBA) or the British Rabbit Council (BRC) may be exhibited and judged in rabbit shows. Breeders attempt to emulate the breed standard by which each breed is judged.
List with classification and standards
These rabbit breeds are now extinct but many form part of the heritage of the rabbit breeds above. For some there is very little known and the only records that exist are extracts in old breed books.
- The Official Guide Book Raising Better Rabbits and Cavies, from the American Rabbit Breeders' Association, Inc.
- Rabbitlopaedia - A complete guide to Rabbit Care, by Meg Brown & Virginia Richardson, Ringpress
- American Blue & White Rabbit information website
- American Rabbit Breeders Association
- American Livestock Breeds Conservancy - Rabbits
- House Rabbit Society
- Raising Rabbits - Rabbit Breeds
- National Miniature Lop Rabbit Club
- British Rabbit Council
- Rabbit Breed Classifications
- Raising Rabbits - Rabbit Information
- Rabbit Forums - Rabbit Breeds Discussion